HARVEST 2019: SILENT AUCTION SEEKING ITEMS!
October 12th may seem a far off date to most people, but in the AEF office, HARVEST 2019 is just around the corner! We start in the spring and work diligently throughout the summer to ensure a fun and prosperous event in the fall. HARVEST is the Foundation’s main fundraiser to support grants and scholarships for programs and materials beyond the scope of the regular school district budget.
At HARVEST 2014, we introduced an online, mobile silent auction of items and services donated by mostly local businesses and individuals. These items were displayed online for bidding and could be accessed from all over the world through personal mobile devices, cell phones and computers.
The past five HARVEST events were very successful with this entertainment feature and we look forward to working once again with our local friends! THE LAST THREE YEARS, we successfully offered this contribution opportunity to our
out-of-town/state WHS alumni and friends and would like to once again solicit items from our friends from far away!
For example, if you have a business with an interesting product, own a vacation home, have major athletic event seats to share, or just have a favorite item that’s unique to your geographic area - here’s your opportunity to partner with the Arrow Education Foundation to give back to the Watertown school system and enjoy some country-wide exposure in the process!
1) Donation must be a tangible item that can be mailed to the AEF office at your cost.
2) Gift certificates will be accepted if the amount covers total cost of a specific item, product line or service (Cannot be a “discount” on an item, product line or service.).
3) Donation should positively and accurately reflect the nature of your business.
4) Donation must be legal in the U.S. and free of liens or encumbrances.
5) Donated items may be utilized as a “stand alone” package or be combined with others to create a “bundled package”.
6) Donations will receive an “InKind Donation Tax Receipt” at the end of 2018.
7) All proceeds gained from this silent auction will go to the Arrow Education Foundation for distribution within its mission to “genuinely enhance educational opportunities for students” in the Watertown School District.
8) The Arrow Education Foundation has the right of refusal on any item deemed to be inappropriate or damaged. Furthermore, if an item is determined to not quite suit the silent auction avenue, it may be utilized in another HARVEST event entertainment feature.
Donated items must reach the AEF office by August 1, 2019 and contain the following:
Name of business or individual, a detailed description of the item, true value of the item and name of contact to include: address, phone number, email address and WHS year of graduation (if applicable).
If your business has a logo, we would appreciate a high-resolution version for quality visual effect.
Logos should be emailed to: WatertownAEF@k12.sd.us
Mail items to: Arrow Education Foundation, PO Box 730, Watertown SD 57201
Here’s what you can expect in return for your contribution to HARVEST 2019:
Donated items will be electronically displayed on the HARVEST 2019 Auction Site: aefhrvst19.gesture.com Auction related businesses and individuals (some with item photos) will be acknowledged on the AEF Facebook page on a rotating basis. – Names of businesses and individuals will be posted on the AEF website: www.arroweducationfoundation.com
Auction item donors will be acknowledged in the HARVEST 2019 event program, Watertown Public Opinion and the AEF November 2019 newsletter which reaches over 13,000 WHS alumni and friends of the Foundation.
The HARVEST 2019 Committee is very excited about the possibility of receiving a wide range of creative items from our immediate area and beyond. Everyone is invited and encouraged to check out the auction site and bid on fabulous packages! This is such a fun and easy way to “pay it forward”.
Your participation will make a real difference in the lives of Grades K-12 students in Watertown!