(Latest update 02/24/2021)
To ensure that you receive reunion information, all alumni are encouraged to
update your personal information by clicking here.
If you're contemplating a reunion gathering, please contact the AEF office so that we can place your notice on this website page, send mass email to class, and/or in our semi-annual newsletter.
Class of 1964 - The Class of 1964 meets monthly at Pizza Ranch on the second Monday at 11:30 am for an informal lunch.
We love to visit with anyone who may come!
CLASS REUNIONS 2021
Homecoming is October 1st, 2021
Class of 1961 - 60th Reunion - September 17th and 18th, 2021
Friday 17th- Location: Prop 5:00pm
Saturday 18th- Location: Goss Opera House 5:00pm
Contact: Carol Johnson or Jack Hemmer
Class of 1965 - There will not be a 55th Class Reunion in 2021
Contact: Karen Domonoske Brandriet
Class of 1970 - 50th Reunion - RESCHEDULED TO 2021
Contact: Sue Frentz Riley
Class of 1971 - 50th Reunion
October 1st & 2nd, 2021. Times and locations TBD.
Contact: Karla Johnson Stimson- 605-520-0215 -
Class of 1981 - 40th Reunion - July 9th - 11th, 2021
Friday 9th- Elks Club
Saturday 10th- Golf morning, Afternoon/Evening TBD
Sunday 11th- Grill Out- Park TBD
Contact: Katie Stransky
Class of 1990
31st Reunion- July 25th, 2021- 12:00 Potluck- Cloud 9 Bar & Casino
35th Reunion- June 28, 2025- Elks Lodge
Contact: Christy Kallenberger
Class of 1991 - 30th Reunion- July 2nd - 3rd, 2021
Time and location TBD
Contact: Bobbi Jo Bunkers-Olson
Class of 2000 - 20th Reunion - RESCHEDULED TO 2021
Contact: Angie Murphy Bevers
Class of 2001 - 20th Reunion
Class of 2010 - 10th Reunion - RESCHEDULED TO 2021
Contact: Carmen Roby Albee
Class of 2011 - 10th Reunion
REUNION PLANNING GUIDE
Dear Reunion Planning Committee Members,
The Arrow Education Foundation is also the WHS Alumni Association. We maintain and update an alumni database, and the Foundation website. Twice a year we publish and distribute the WHS Alumni and Friends Newsletter.
Here are some ways that we can assist your committee in reunion planning:
● Provide a class list (names, addresses, e-mail addresses, and phone numbers). *
● Provide labels, registration flyer and postage for one reunion mailing. *
● Post reunion information on the AEF website:
● Place reunion information in the May & November newsletters (info needed by April/Oct).
* Please give us two weeks to provide database lists, notices and labels.
Additionally, the Foundation can:
● Arrange tours of the high school. (We'll put you in touch with a contact at WHS)
● Arrange special seating for your class if you wish to come to the Foundation tailgate party before the Homecoming game.
(We'll put you in touch with the WSD Athletic Director)
● Provide information about the work of the Foundation at your reunion or gathering
RESOURCES IN THE COMMUNITY
or call 605-886-5814.
● Camping - Reserve a camp site 90 days prior to arrival by going on www.campsd.com or calling 800-710-CAMP (2267)
● Class picture sign -The sign to be used in class pictures ("WHS Class of ’??”) can be scheduled by contacting Brian Bollinger, WHS Maintenance Supervisor at 605-882-6316 or email Brian.Bollinger@k12.sd.us
Photographer - Call AEF for suggestions
Button Maker - Call Dennis Mack 605-886-6753
● Golf - Schedule a golf outing at Cattails Crossing Golf Course, call Levi at 605-882-6262, or Prairie Winds Golf Club, 605-886-3554.
● Group picture - Reserve a time to have your group picture taken on the steps of the Codington County Heritage Museum.
Call 605-886-7335 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Homecoming game reserved seating – Reserve a section for your class at the Arrow Homecoming game with Craig Boyens, WSD Athletic Director,
605-882-6328 or email email@example.com Please call several weeks prior to event.
● Homecoming parade float - Entering a float in the Arrow Homecoming parade can be arranged through the WHS Assistant Principal, Brad Brandsrud, email Brad.Brandsrud@k12.sd.us, or call 605-882-6316 in early September.
● Hotels - The Watertown Convention and Visitors Bureau will provide information about the city, lodging, and more.
Contact them at PO Box 225, Watertown, SD 57201, call 605-753-0282 or 1-800-658-4505, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Meeting and banquet rooms – visit www.watertownsd.com and select "Meeting/Convention Facilities” for a listing of meeting and banquet facilities,
seating capacity and phone numbers.
● Visitors packets - The Watertown Convention and Visitors Bureau will provide goodie bags with Watertown info, local coupons, and information about events planned during your reunion. Contact Kathy at PO Box 225, Watertown, SD 57201, call 605-753-0282 or 1-800-658-4505, or email at email@example.com. Two weeks advance notice is requested.
● Park and Recreation – For information on Watertown Park and Recreation facilities and calendar of events, call 605-5814 or www.watertownparkandrec.com.
● Picnic shelter - The Watertown Park and Recreation office can reserve a picnic shelter for you at Bramble Park. Call Connie or Tammy at 605-882-6260.
● Redlin Inspiration Site tour - Take a self-guided tour of Terry Redlin’s nine Inspiration Sites. Find the map in Watertown Now magazine in newsstands at local restaurants and convenience stores. Or call the Redlin Art Center, 605-882-3877 or 877-873-3546
● Swimming - Reserve the Family Aquatic Center or get information, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone 605-882-6260
● Tours of Watertown - The Watertown School District will provide a school bus and driver. Visitors must arrange their own guide.
Contact Tim Steichen at 605-882-6335.
● Transportation - The Watertown Area Transit will provide transportation or tours. Call 605-882-5287.
● Veteran’s Memorial - Guided visit to the Veteran’s Memorial, located at Stokes-Thomas City Park (City Park at Lake Kampeska). Contact Ordean Bierman, 1401 35th St SW, Watertown, SD, 57201, 605-886-0902, to arrange a tour at least one week in advance. See www.wtnvetsmemorial.org.
● Zoo - Schedule tours at Bramble Park Zoo, email Jamie at email@example.com or call 605-882-6269.
ATTRACTIONS IN THE COMMUNITY
● Bramble Park Zoo
● Cattails Crossings Golf Course
● Codington County Heritage Museum - Call ahead for a possible display of memorabilia from your grad year and for the museum to be open at a special time. 605-886-7335
● Cookin' on Kampeska (July)
● Frisbee Golf park
● Goss Opera House
● Lake Kampeska and Lake Pelican camping
● Mellette House
● Prairie Winds Golf Club
● Redlin Art Center
● Uptown area Thursday Night Live
● Watertown Family Aquatic Center
● Watertown Regional Library